Wednesday, April 10, 2013

How Acupuncture Saved My Life


Often, my patients ask me why I got into Acupuncture and I have a cumbersome time responding because the 'why' is beyond me.  Usually I reply that the desire to become an Acupuncture Physician was born out of my sheer desire to become more feminine for the rest of my life, seeing as in comparison I was in Chiropractic school for a little while and that was primarily more 'yang' but that is only a fraction of what moved me into this profession. 

The desire to do this work goes beyond titles and professional qualifications...

Although I am not licensed by the state of California yet, this website is created to present information about the work I currently do and the work I will be embarking on in the future.  That being said, and to answer those who wonder what got me into this profession, my current response is this:  Have you ever wondered who you were supposed to be, not what, but who?  This question would appear to me consistently over the course of my youth and into adulthood, asking me, who am I really?  Quantum physics and Taoism suggest the implication that time is non-linear in the physical realm and it is with this understanding that I began to ponder what my life's work was truly about.  If time is non-linear, then somewhere out there, the real, authentic, beautiful Ashley that I always wanted to become actually exists. It came quite abruptly actually, on a day when I faced a near death experience.  I was immediately shown an image of myself in the future with a white lab coat, brief case and a family of my own standing next to me, just moments before I was nearly killed by a train passing through my college down.  I have been on a mission to be the powerful woman I saw in that image and to share with others the blessings I have been given in this life.  

When this realization came to me, I could feel almost like I was the person of my dreams already and without having accomplished the degrees or certifications yet.  Some may call this astral projection, time travel, 'quantum leaping' as Burt Goldman would say.  When this image appeared to me, all of my being and within my bones I knew right then that I was already the woman of my dreams,  and this path of medicine would lead me to be her, all the while, healing others the way I believe medicine should be practiced.  Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine have not only provided a means to an end, but a new paradigm of life that at one point in the future and in the past saved me.   

So that is a piece of my story in the current ever unfolding of my life as I know it to be.  Acupuncture is much more than applying practical application to diagnostic imbalances.  It is a way.  It is a life of it's own, and she calls her students when they are ready.  

For those of you who have not experienced the pleasure of a treatment by a Licensed Acupuncture Physician, I encourage you to do so.  It will change your life forever, or at the very least bring peace to your day.  Graduation date; December 2013.  More info to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment